Filetype - Filename - Executable

Lyndon Labuschagne lyndonl at mexcom.co.za
Tue Sep 7 14:06:45 IST 2010

Hello

I seem to have a situation where mail to a client is being blocked the file is a .dat file

here is an extract
   Sender: user at domain.com
IP Address: xx.xx.xx.xx
Recipient: user at clientdomain.com
  Subject: Message released from quarantine
MessageID: 637FA4F1160.00000
Quarantine: /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20100907/637FA4F1160.00000
   Report: No programs allowed (0000.dat)
   Report: No programs allowed (0001.dat)
   Report: No programs allowed (0001.dat)
   Report: No programs allowed (0000.dat)
   Report: No programs allowed (0000.dat)
           No programs allowed (0001.dat)

I have added the following to my config in the hopes of getting the file through

Allow Filetypes =  %etc-dir%/file-names.allow
Allow Filenames =  %etc-dir%/file-names.allow

contents of files

FromOrTo:       @clientdomain.com   yes     Allow Filenames = \.dat$
FromOrTo:       @clientdomain.com   yes     Allow Filenames = executables
FromOrTo:       @clientdomain.com   yes     Allow Filetypes = Windows/DOS Executable

I am making a few assumptions, and maybe thats where the problem is, I am assuming that the above rule takes preference over the normal filename.rules.conf and filetype.rules.conf

any suggestions will be most helpful