Betr.: Re: Disable RBL check for certain ip(ranges)

Arjan Melein Amelein at dantumadiel.eu
Mon Sep 6 14:01:25 IST 2010

>>> Op 6-9-2010 om 14:47 is door Raymond Dijkxhoorn <raymond at prolocation.net>
geschreven:
> Hi!
>
>> As Microsoft seems to have managed to get hotmail / live.com listed on
>> multiple RBL's -again- I was looking at the possibility of excluding
>> these ip's from the RBL checks. I cant just white list it as people do
>> send spam through hotmail. Any ideas on if/how this can be done ?
>
> You might want to startt using DNS Whitelists also. Where those relay
> servers are marked as 'ok' ...
>
> Bye,
> Raymond.

I was thinking DNS WL too, but that will require a bit of fiddling as well.

As for everyone else's questions, which I could have thought of before hand if it wasn't Monday ;)

I'm running MS on a Fedora system with postfix as MTA.
Spamassassin does the RBL checks. Right now this is version 3.2.5 but once I have the MS Jules just released working in a test i'll upgrade that to 3.3.1.

>From what I can tell hotmail is listed on backscatter and SORBS

-
Arjan