X-???-MailScanner-SpamCheck: header empty when forwarding with rules

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:32:46 IST 2010

I found the problem with my setup.  This is an inherited MailScanner
instance and the "Spam Check" rule was pointing to a file that didn't end
with .rules like I expected so my grep of *.rules was not finding a hit on
these domains that have a second level of filtering downstream.

I have changed the rule to have a standard .rules extension now.

Dave