Bitdefender AntiSpam: worth a try?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Nov 25 11:40:20 GMT 2010

 On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:27:51 -0500, Denis Beauchemin
 <Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like Bitdefender just released a free AntiSpam engine for
> mail servers (Linux-based):
> http://www.bitdefender.com/business/antispam-for-mail-servers.html
>
> Anyone tried it yet? If so, could it complement MailScanner?

 I have given it a spin. I noticed that it had a relative low score on
 message that were marked as spam but not highscoring spam.

 So I would rate it below my current setup with MailScanner +
 SpamAssassin. I will deinstall it as it needs more CPU cycles but
 performs not as wll as my current setup with MailScanner.

 Hugo.

--
 hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org   http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/

This mail was scanned by BitDefender