Non Spam actions problem

Søren Dam post at damschott.dk
Wed Nov 24 22:20:05 GMT 2010

2010/11/24 Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>

> On 24 November 2010 11:40, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Oh, that was just a typo in the mail, not in the conf file..;-)
> >> It also seems that the other mail don't get the " deliver header
> reading
> >> the rules file. But still no errors anywhere.
> >> /Soeren
> > What does MailScanner --lint tell you? Any errors?
> > What MTA do you use? If PF, then you'd need make sure the rule file is
> > actually readable by the user postfix runs as.
> > Also... you did note Jules tip about adding in "deliver" to your rule,
> right?
> >
> > Cheers
>
> BTW, you can use the MailScanner command to check the validity of your
> rulesets,,, Do "MailScanner --help" for the options... you could test
> out things like:
>
> MailScanner --value=nonspamactions --from=someone at somewhe.re
> --to=someone at your.doma.in
> and see what MS would think about that (replace addresses as needed,
> to get different results).
>
> Example:
> ]# MailScanner --value=nonspamactions --from=arne at example.net
> --to=glenn.steen at ap1.se
> Looked up internal option name "hamactions"
> With sender = arne at example.net
>  recipient = glenn.steen at ap1.se
> Client IP =
> Virus =
> Result is "deliver header "X-Spam-Status: No""
> #
>
> Cheers
> --
> -- Glenn
> email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
> work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se

Thank you for your help!

I've found the error..

When I did that test you proposed, Mailscanner couldn't read the rules file.
Then I changed the file name from "Non.SpamAction.*Rules*" to
"Non.SpamAction.*rules" *That helped!

This is properly common knowledge if you read the Mailscanner book, which i
will buy now..;-)

/Soeren