Setting Required SpamAssassin Score

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Sun Nov 21 11:43:00 GMT 2010

Hi Martin and Jules

Thanks for your feedback, which was very helpful as I had not set up the
symbolic link.

Unfortunately that did not solve my original problem, as MailScanner still
used the default value of 5.0 for SpamAssassin.  I could only hit myself
over the head when I finally tracked down the cause of the problem: On
this new server (which I am just getting to grips with) I am using for the
first time the very useful "include /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/*" facility
and I had been storing all the modifications to a local configuration file
there, and that had the default value of 5.0 set in it.  However I was
trying to change the SpamAssassin score in the MailScanner.conf file,
which of course was then duly ignored . . .

What can I say?  I will try and take comfort in the thought that there
must be at least one or two others that have made this kind of mistake at
some time or other in the long distant past. No?

Regards

Jim Holland