rule actions and reports

John Baker johnnyb at marlboro.edu
Wed Nov 17 17:34:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

I'm tweaking things to catch more scams and wanted to clarify some parts
of rule actions that I'm not sure I understand.

 I have found that almost all of the scams that come through get scored
by scamnailer but some don't get any other rule hits and thus don't get
marked. For the ones that don't get caught by scamnailer or an RBL I'm
working on a custom spamassin rule to catch key phrases in the subject
and/or sender. For all of these instances what I want is to deliver the
mail as an attachment and include a report stating that it looks like a
scam and where to send questions. It would be nice to mangle the subject
with something like "Scam?" as well. But it should still use spam and
high scoring spam actions as well if it scores high enough.

It seems clear enough that I can use "attachment" for certain rules
under "SpamAssassin Rule Actions" in addition to spam actions but it's
not clear if it can include some kind of report along with it as it does
with  Spam Action or High Scoring Spam Action. Can a rule action trigger
a custom inline report or even the standard inline spam report? I don't
use it for other spam actions so altering it there would suit my
purposes fine.

And can header "name: value"  insert  a word into the subject rather
than just write a new header?

Thanks

--
John Baker