Fedora 13

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri May 28 23:47:24 IST 2010

on 5-28-2010 3:00 PM David Francis spake the following:

> Wow. People usually get spanked for not putting enough effort into
> framing their question or researching a solution prior to posting. I get
> spanked for the OS, did I just walk into a MAC forum?
>

> You make a valid point though. Is CentOS the GPL OS of choice for
> enterprise class mail servers?

Maybe not the OS of choice, but the RedHat compatible OS of choice. Any stable
Enterprise class OS will work, but the cutting edge is a little too sharp for
most of us. We like to set up a server, and not have to re-do it until its
hardware is replaced. Fedora problems usually stem from its wide changing
API/ABI structure and near bleeding edge perl. But it is great for a desktop
on new hardware.