Fedora 13

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Fri May 28 21:53:42 IST 2010

On 5/28/2010 2:21 PM, Peter Farrow wrote:
>>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.4BPULK (%build)
>>
>> Missing file
>> /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/noarch/perl-Archive-Zip-1.16-2.noarch.rpm.
>>
>> Maybe it did not build correctly?
>>
>> =============== END  INSTALL LOG SNIP ================
>>
> Maybe the real question that should be asked is why are you trying to
> run Mailscanner on a "not for production" test/development OS?
>
> Fedora is not the right platform for MailScanner, or any other
> production application, its a testing environment type OS and as such it
> has very regular, changes, updates and major OS revisions.

Fedora is a good environment for MailScanner. RedHat, *BSD, or *Solaris
may be better in most circumstances. There are advantages to each. It
just depends on how you operate. I don't mind the 6 month release cycle
at all, though F13 does make me feel old.

Ken

--
Ken Anderson
Pacific Internet - http://www.pacific.net