does MailScanner rewrite URL

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Thu May 27 15:11:04 IST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Jeff Mills
<Jeff.Mills at sydneytech.com.au> wrote:

> If the text of the URL does not match the URL, then this will be triggered.
>
> For instance:
> Visit my nice friendly site: <a href="http://www.some.site.with.a.trjoan.com">http://www.my.safe.site.com</a>
>
> So mailscanner would expose my attempt to trick a non-tech savvy user into visiting my malicious website.

OK

In this situation the author of the email may have manually typed the
url text only or she may have cut and pasted what she believed to be
the url only.

I am trying to find out if there is any possibility that MailScanner
played any role in the generation of the url beside the text of the
url?

--
Robert Lopez
Unix Systems Administrator