Errors with MailScanner --lint after upgrade to clamav

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at ucl.ac.uk
Tue May 25 08:02:39 IST 2010

Hi,

http://www.mailscanner.info/ChangeLog

24/04/2010 New in Version 4.80.4-1
==================================
* New Features and Improvements *
1 Upgraded AVG support to AVG version 8. Support no longer guaranteed for
  older versions.
2 Installers no longer over-write mailscanner.cf in SpamAssassin directory
  if the file or link exists.
3 Added support for McAfee version 6. Use the virus scanner name "mcafee6"
  to get this support. Many thanks to Phil Randal and Michael Miller for
  all their hard work on this.
4 Improved "file" command output processing so it stops at 1st "," to reduce
  false alarms greatly.

* Fixes *
1 A minor rewrite of a bit of the TNEF code to handle some systems' odd
  opinions about tainting data.
1 Minor tweak to avoid warning about insecure dependency in WorkArea.pm.
2 Fixed documentation for "Allow Multiple HTML Signatures" setting.
3 Fixed "MailScanner --lint" to not throw an erroneous error message about
  "MSlint" directory permissions.
3 Fixed error in MIME boundary checking that stopped a few very rare cases
  being checked.

--
Anthony Peacock,
Head of Applications & Programme Development,