Errors with MailScanner --lint after upgrade to clamav

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon May 24 01:52:38 IST 2010

I know there was some talk about Errors in lint some weeks back but from
memory this is a different issue, I upgraded one of my test boxes to
4.79.11 to test but its also getting the same errors.

actual scanning appears to be working correctly this is only affecting lint.

I was running clamav 0.96.0-3 from rpmforge now 0.96.1-1

# MailScanner --lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Read 882 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 5183 hostnames from the phishing blacklists
Config: calling custom init function SQLBlacklist
Starting up SQL Blacklist
Read 1 blacklist entries
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
Started SQL Logging child
Config: calling custom init function SQLWhitelist
Starting up SQL Whitelist
Read 164 whitelist entries
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.76.24) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Connected to processing-messages database
Created processing-messages database successfully
There are 0 messages in the processing-messages database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule, clamd
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/
Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD RETURN ./MSlintM22h4y/lstat() failed:
Permission denied. ERROR :: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/29907
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 3 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 3 viruses

If any of your virus scanners (clamavmodule,clamd)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.
Config: calling custom end function SQLBlacklist
Closing down by-domain spam blacklist
Config: calling custom end function MailWatchLogging
Config: calling custom end function SQLWhitelist
Closing down by-domain spam whitelist