[OT] - Configure sendmail to drop incoming unknown user emails

hvdkooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri May 21 09:03:00 IST 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 23:28:56 -0300, "Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy"
wrote:  Hi Scott;

 I'm trying to accept email for unknown users and throw
it away. I don't care about spam because this is an internal server
supporting an application that sends email notifications to internal users.
The problem is that if the user is unknown (someone left the company and
the app wasn't updated) and the app gets an error, the alert mechanism goes
into a loop, sending the same alert over again to the valid users. Changing
this behavior in the app is not feasible at this time, so I'm trying to
avoid the error message.

Splendid. Someone wrote a buggy application. I
suggest you add your management into the looping alerts so they will be
encouraged to fix the application.

Perhaps you should just creat aliases
for such users and send them off to CEO at ..... to get the proper attention
to the real problem.

Hugo.

--

hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org [1]