stripping all attachments

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Tue May 18 03:25:15 IST 2010

Hi - I've just started using MailScanner-4.79.11-1 on CentOS 4.7
system running sendmail 8.13.1.

We have a requirement that all outbound email be stripped of all attachments.

We're currently relaying all the internal email at the data center to
a single host, which is then relaying the email to a remote Exchange
server.

This single host is running MailScanner.

The relaying works fine.

The problem is I can't strip attachments - at least *.tar and *.tar.gz
files (I haven't tried others but those are most important.)

In the MailScanner.conf file, I've set

  Maximum Attachment Size = 0

since the comments in the MailScanner.conf file indicate

  "If this is set to zero, effectively no attachments are allowed."

But it doesn't appear to have any impact.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
      Enjoy global warming while it lasts.