MCP notifications when blocking

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 20:02:56 IST 2010

On 25 March 2010 03:27, Michael Mansour <micoots at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have MCP enabled for a couple of domains.
>
> One of them has asked that:
>
> 1. emails "From" their domain that trigger an MCP block, generates a
"notice"

> 2. that the notice goes to an email address they've provided
>
> Obviously so they can see if the message blocked from them by MCP is valid
or not.

> I've spent quite some time trying to figure out how to do this but am not
sure.

> Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Michael.

I have the same issue as Michael.  I would like to replace the MCP
functionality with "SpamAssassin Rule Actions" with SA meta rules
but I haven't found a way to send the recipient the report template
%report-dir%/recipient.mcp.report.txt.  The users would get confused
with the "notify" spam message and not know it was blocked
because of profanity or racial wording.

I asked this same question last year but didn't get any answers.

Has anyone found a way to do action "notify" to mimic the MCP
"Recipient MCP Report"?  If not, maybe this could be an enhancement
request for a new action like "notify-mcp"?

Dave