Check spam when from and to are same.

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:22:39 GMT 2010

On 24 March 2010 14:10, Santiago Hoyos <sanhoyos1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi every all,
>
> My mail system is getting a lot of spam where the from and to is the same
> and the filters are not what is stopping.
>
> Any idea to solve this problem?
>
> Good day,
>
> --
> Santiago Hoyos Restrepo .-

Is this to primary domain you handle? If yes then have to whitelisted the
entire domain and not trusted ip-addresses for you mailservers?

what do the spam score for this show? - you can put scores into the header
(from http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index)

   - Always add the SA info into email headers to see what the score and
   rule hits are ( helps with debug), in MailScanner.conf make sure the
   follow are set thus:

 Spam Score Number Format = %5.2f

Detailed Spam Report = yes

Include Scores In SpamAssassin Report = yes

Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

Spam Score Number Format = %5.2f

What version of SA? Have you run sa-update recently?

If outgoing mail is sent via MailScanner do you use the anti-forgery
settings? This can help alot.

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK