Spamassassin Not working

Marc Lucke marc at marcsnet.com
Thu Mar 18 22:44:24 GMT 2010

I don't know if this will help or not Brian but I recently did what I
think might be the same thing.  It took me a very long time (stupid me!)
to run:

MailScanner --lint

When I did this it complained that the bayes stuff was all of 3.2.5 so I
went to spamassassin's web page and download the tarball for 3.2.5 and
installed that - it was only for Perl, not the RPM.

I can't quite recall (it was late when I did it) but I don't think I
bothered trying to get rid of 3.3.0 first.  I think my problem may have
been also solved by making sure the RPM version matched the Perl version
- but I run CentOS5 and didn't want to screw with all of that, so
settled for 3.2.5

Mind you, my spamassassin was working, just ignoring bayes.

Try lint if you haven't.  It will tell you what's going on.