Blocking Countries using an RBL.

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Tue Mar 16 02:20:37 GMT 2010

Alex Neuman wrote:
> That, unfortunately wouldn't cover ".com" domains hosted in a specific country.
>
> Search for IP by country RBL's, or create a custom function using Geo::IP, for example.

The Trend Micro ERS (formerly RBL+) list has netblocks by (purported)
country of origin; it's been fairly effective for me at work.  You can
select various IPs by country, or entire countries, and then whitelist
senders as needed.  I use it in Sendmail with a custom 550 message
directing legit senders to a web form where they can plead their case. ;)

I suspect it could be plugged into SA rules and scored upon as well.

It is, however a for-pay feed.  I can't recall the pricing offhand.

--
Jameel Akari