How do I bounce back all mails over 50 recipients

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at rtpty.com
Thu Mar 11 10:52:10 GMT 2010

Rejection at the mta level would only work when you get to 50 local (as opposed to total) recipients. If you want to reject because of more than 50 total recipients regardless of whether they're on your server or not, you need a milter that looks at the actual message. Bouncing is bad.

Oh, and BCC and recipient splitting makes your requirement ineffective. Whoever thought it up didn't sit down and think about how the whole smtp process works.