How do I bounce back all mails over 50 recipients

Lyndon Labuschagne lyndonl at mexcom.co.za
Thu Mar 11 07:14:56 GMT 2010

On 11 Mar 2010, at 7:39 AM, ram wrote:

> I have a requirement that mails with  over 50 recipients should be
> outright rejected or bounced back
> I assumed this would have been pretty simple to configure in MailScanner
> or my MTA ( postfix)

its not an option I have used before but this might do it

smtpd_recipient_limit (default: 1000)
The maximal number of recipients that the Postfix SMTP server accepts per message delivery request.

you would use the below in your main.cf file
smtpd_recipient_limit = 50

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by the
Mexcom MailScanner, and appears to be clean.
http://www.mexcom.co.za or mail sales at mexcom.co.za