OT: Building a mailserver

Eduardo Casarero ecasarero at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 17:14:59 GMT 2010

I apologize for this OT but i'm a little lost and any comment would be
really appreciated.

I need to design an email solution for 50.000 users with an 80Mb quota
(doing basic math i've to start with 4Tb storage).

After doing heavy internet research i saw a few options for this scene.

- Use zimbra in its Open Source Edition (or a similar product)

- Use postfix/virtualusers/mysql/courier/webmail with NFS to share maildir
among N servers i found several "isp config" style how to's/docs

the problem i see is in scaling, with this solutions i will always have 1
NFS (with backup but only 1 for all the users), is there any open source
solution that allow me to "partitionate" users from the same domain through
independent servers?

Or any other idea?