MailScanner does net perform file extensions checks

Eliott eliott100 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 17:00:21 GMT 2010

Hi Everyone!

I have a specific MS implementation, version  4.70.7.
I noticed that although virus and spam filtering works, it just delivers
.exe file attachments. (The filename.rules.conf is the default version, so
it should be denied automatically  I tried setting Deny Filenames = \.exe$
but that does not help. Just to debug a set Log Permitted Filenames to yes,
just to see anything in the logs, but I see no relevant log messages.

Does anybody have ideas why it's happening?

regards
Eliott