How to detect forged From and Reply-to addresses from your own domain

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Mon Mar 8 09:01:32 GMT 2010

> My ISP redirects all port 25 connects to its own servers so even if I
> know what I'm doing, I can't use your MTA for my outgoing mail for this
> account.

I always instruct that they use the proper message submission port, 587,
for sending mail. This requires authentication so can be used from
anywhere on the internet without needing to change the outgoing
servername, and also works around any ISP that hijacks port 25.

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites
Fonant Ltd is registered in England and Wales, company No. 7006596