How to detect forged From and Reply-to addresses from your owndomain

Daniel Straka Dstraka at caspercollege.edu
Fri Mar 5 20:24:04 GMT 2010

Jules,

This is working quite well on the MailScanner server that only receives messages. What might be the drawbacks to leaving this rule in place? I haven't seen any FP's yet and it's marked a thousand messages as spam already. If there's not really any drawbacks...would there be a similar rule for a MailScanner server that receives and sends mail for our domain?

Thanks so much...Dan

>>> On 3/5/2010 at 9:25 AM, in message
<EMEW3|e357f65e924151aa18a0541db25d74dfm24GPZ0bMailScanner|ecs.soton.ac.uk|4B913
7E.2020105 at ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>