MailScanner no longer logging spamassassin score in header for clean messages

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Fri Mar 5 16:24:36 GMT 2010

Julian Field wrote:
> Looks to me like the SpamAssassin checks are failing for some reason.
> Run a "MailScanner --lint" for starters, delete MailScanner's
> SpamAssassin cache db file, and run a "spamassassin --lint" to ensure
> that SA is happy too.
>
> Jules.

Here is the results

[root at smtpgw1 ~]# MailScanner --lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)

Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/README
Read 867 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 6145 hostnames from the phishing blacklists
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
Started SQL Logging child

Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.80.1) is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 0 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamavmodule f-prot"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule, f-prot
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
ClamAVModule::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature:: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: ClamAVModule found 1 infections
Virus Scanning: F-Prot found virus EICAR_Test_File
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/18463/1/eicar.com  Infection:
EICAR_Test_File
Virus Scanning: F-Prot found 1 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 2 viruses

If any of your virus scanners (clamavmodule,f-prot)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.
Config: calling custom end function MailWatchLogging

and Spamassassin did not return anything