ASSP->>SPAM?<< [MessageLimit][testmode] Ubuntu Support

Peter W Bowey support at pbcomp.com.au
Thu Mar 4 13:35:19 GMT 2010

Mailscanner takes some 'extra' work to update and compile correctly for Ubuntu. I succeeded at doing all this with the latest Mailscanner source release some 5 months ago.

The best way I found was to get the old 'out-of-date' Mailscanner Ubuntu packages, then use that for a new build [template] with the latest source - direct from mailscanner. This means editing the Ubuntu defaults - then merging the new mailscanner parts. I think that took me about 2 hours to research and 'debug. However, it all worked well!

The thing to watch out for is the mailscanner preference to use the default /opt directory - which is not meant for Ubuntu.

Peter - Computer Engineer

Peter Bowey  Computer Solutions
69 Sutherland Ave,  Hayborough,
Victor Harbor, SA, Australia, 5211
Ph:          (08)  8552 8630
Fax:         (08)  8552 9185
Mobile:     0414 440 575
EMAIL:     support at pbcomp.com.au
WebSite:  www.pbcomp.com.au
ABN:        22 145 153 678

Your Partner in Today's Computer Technology!