Script in email

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Wed Jun 23 21:06:38 IST 2010

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 11:59 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:
snip

> I sent your file through my MailScanner 4.80.10 and the script was
> disarmed. The result is in the attached mail.zip.

Hmmm.  I just grepped my /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/ folder recursely and none of the messages with <SCRIPT in there are being rewritten as they are in yours.

Mark's example:
  <MailScannerScript30358 SCRIPT class=3Dxnet_script>
  snip
  </MailScannerScript30358>

What perl modules are responsible for that?  For example, in the optional modules section of "MailScaner -v" I don't have Encode::Detect.  So I'm thinking maybe it's an optional module and the script disarm parameter is just being ignored?

Thanks...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500