Problems with the latest 4.80.7-1 MS

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 19 23:57:40 IST 2010

Hi Noel,

--- On Sun, 20/6/10, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:

From: Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net>
Subject: Re: Problems with the latest 4.80.7-1 MS
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>

On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 14:59 -0700, Michael Mansour wrote:

Hi,

I've just upgraded one of my mail servers to this version, and running a MailScanner --lint gives me hundreds of these errors:

Could not read file /deleted.content.message.example.com.au.txt at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 2851
Syntax error in line 1 of ruleset file /etc/MailScanner/rules/deleted.content.message.report.rules at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 2798

and the ruleset file is simply:

To:     *@example2.com.au        %report-dir%/deleted.content.message.example.com.au.txt

I have multiple reports configured so there hundreds more of these type of errors on the lint.

If I revert back to the older MS 4.79.11, things work fine again.

Any ideas?

Hrm, do you use inline spam warning txt? have you ever found that when it addresses the recipients on hit messages, it addresses everyone of them like a large CC in the message (I see this since kernel announce msgs were tagged.) but in the envelope To header there's only the actual recipient.

rather strange, oh well... its only been complained about on my private domain, not the commercial servers (as far as i know) if many more complain we'll cease to use this feature.

I don't use the inline spam warning no. I'm not sure what that would have to do with the error above, but it turned out that the variable in the ruleset was the problem.

I'm downgrading back to the earlier version.

Thanks.

Michael.