MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Dropoff

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Fri Jun 18 22:16:45 IST 2010

----Original Message----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Julian
Field Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 3:37 AM To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Dropoff

> I can try building a 32-bit version for you, but you will probably be
> limited to 2 Gbyte uploads. If that's not a problem for you, then I can
> do that. I probably won't have time to do it today as I've got a load of
> other things on right now, but if you're lucky I *might* do it this
> weekend.

If you do you may want to look at http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=48886, IIRC
it can be applied to 5.3.o but I am not sure
If it has been successfully appied to  to later versions or not. I have been
thinking of trying it but haven't gotten
Around to it since I get around the various stat/filesize/etc with a custom
function that handles any size the os can
Handle.

> Out of Interest, why are you not moving to 64-bit? Modern CPUs have been
> able to run 64-bit for quite a long time now. What's the advantage? --
> Jules
> Sent from my iPad over 3G :-)
>
> On 18 Jun 2010, at 08:21 AM, "Mogens Melander" <mogens at fumlersoft.dk>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, i'm all 32-bit, as are my customers. So i guess i'm not
>> getting to try out this thing anytime soon ;^)
>>
>> On Tue, June 15, 2010 15:09, Julian Field wrote:
>>> I'm afraid a 32-bit version is not going to be very high on my priority
>>> list, when everyone else in the world is adopting 64-bit if they
>>> haven't already.
>>>
>>> What's stopping you running the 64-bit version?

believed to be clean.