MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Dropoff

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 17 09:08:45 IST 2010

I would be very interested in the code, yes please!

I am probably going to stick with Ubuntu for the VM distribution, but I
do have people right here who need to be able to run it on
RHEL/CentOS/Fedora.

You can address me off-list at Jules at ZendTo.com.

Many thanks,
Jules.

On 17/06/2010 07:23, Alessandro Bianchi wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I liked the idea of dropoff but my environment is different.
>
> I use Fedora Linux, hence PHP lacks support for SQLITE, and work in a
> multiple node cluster enrionment.
>
> So I spent the last two days adding MySQL support for DropOff.
>
> Till now I can authenticate users against a database, and store all
> the pieces of information in a MySQL database.
>
> Sending and receiving dropoff works, and I still miss the admin part
> (work in progress).
>
> My Dropoff also works whitl SQLITE without code change, I've added a
> preference to use MySQL o SQLITE DB backend so no code changes are
> required.
>
> The only change required is in insertind database access credentials
> for Dropoff and for the authentication database (for me are two
> different DBs).
>
> If Jules or anybody else is interested in having this code or merging
> it with the current branch of DropOff, I'll be pleased to contribute
> to the project donating my code.
>
> Best regards
>
> Alessandro Bianchi
>
> --
>
> SkyNet SRL
>
> Via Maggiate 67 - 28021 Borgomanero (NO) - tel. +39 0322-836487/834765
> - fax +39 0322-836608
>
> http://www.skynet-srl.com <http://www.skynet-srl.com/>
>
> Autorizzazione Ministeriale n.197
>
> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
> confidenziali ed è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
> Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è
> destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo ed a distruggerlo non
> divulgandolo, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione.
> Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare info at skynet-srl.com
> (e-mail dell'azienda). Rif. D.L. 196/2003

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?