spamassassin with mailscanner

Dragon Slayr dragonslayr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 06:19:00 IST 2010

I've just built a box with Ubuntu Lucid. Everything now now going great in
testing.
However, I attempted to import my old spamassassin database as root with
this command.
sa-learn -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --restore
sa_bayes_backup.txt

That gave me a nice database in the /root directory. :(

So, I thought I'd better ask. Should I run this as the postfix user like
this?
sa-learn -u postfix -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --restore
sa_bayes_backup.txt

Also, now when I do sudo -u postfix spamassassin --lint -D, I get permission
errors attempting to read root..   <Sigh...>

As you can see, I'm a bit confused. For a last question, can change things
so spamassassin just keeps a global database and forget all this user
stuff?  It's a incoming mail server only. There are no local users.

Thanks in advance!