log spam

Marc Lucke marc at marcsnet.com
Fri Jun 11 08:51:42 IST 2010

for anyone interested who uses fail2ban:

# cat filter.d/spam.conf
failregex = Message .* from <HOST> .* is spam
ignoreregex =
# tail -n 8 jail.conf
[spam]
enabled = true
filter = spam
maxretry = 1
bantime  = 3600
action = iptables-multiport[name=spam port="smtp", protocol=tcp]
           sendmail-whois[name=spam, dest=root, sender=root]
logpath = /var/log/maillog

works a treat :)  Thanks John!  I was getting too complicated.