Maximum addresses in To:

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 22:48:57 IST 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Peter Ong
<peter.ong at hypermediasystems.com> wrote:
> There's a config parameter in mailscanner.conf that says something like this.

Yes Peter, there is and I am using it (thanks to advice from Julian Fields).

This college has contracted with an emergency communications service
which will use many forms of communication to send out emergency
messages.
One of the methods is email and they will send email to every email
address a person has given them.
That company will "blast" email to get them delivered as fast as possible.
For many reasons, the college is white-listing them to postfix.
Our config of postfix passes everything on to MailScanner.
I have set up rules in the scan.messages.rules file which will match
patterns in email coming from the service.
The match will tell MailScanner, via the parameter "Scan Messages",
not to scan the email from them.

Martin and Glenn now have informed me I should be looking to see how
to tell postfix to do "recipient splitting".