Filetype Checks: No executables on Japanese Emails

Peter Ong peter.ong at hypermediasystems.com
Wed Jun 2 23:50:31 IST 2010

I was going to add the -i too, but then I saw this:

#
# NOTE: Fields are separated by TAB characters --- Important!
#
# Syntax is allow/deny/deny+delete/email-addresses, then regular expression,
#           then log text, then user report text.
#
# The "email-addresses" can be a space or comma-separated list of email
# addresses. If the rule hits, the message will be sent to these address(es)
# instead of the original recipients.
#
# If none of the rules match, then the filetype is allowed.
#
# An optional fifth field can also be added before the "log text", which
# makes the checked text check against the MIME type of the attachment
# as determined by the output of the "file -i" command.

So, I just did this...

allow   -       text    -       -
#EXAMPLE: deny  -       x-dosexec       No DOS executables      No DOS programs allowed
deny    -       x-dosexec       No DOS executables      No DOS programs allowed