I need help, I'm been blacklisted

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jul 11 14:55:05 IST 2010

On 11:59 AM, Chris Barber wrote:
> The error is fairly clear. It says "Proper authentication required".
> Since this is an MX mail server, it should not require authentication.
> Do you get this error if the sending domain is not your domain? Either
> way, you have a misconfiguration in your MTA.

That is not the OP's issue. The OP ran an 'open relay' tester against
his server. The 'error' that you are talking about is actually a report
of a PASSED test, namely the OP's server refused to relay mail from an
unauthenticated, non-local sender to a foreign domain.

The OP was concerned about the second result I quoted which was a test
that failed. I don't think his MTA is misconfigured at all.