High Scoring Spam Rules Issue

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:46:18 IST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Rob Poe <rob at poeweb.com> wrote:
>  I have a user who insists on getting all email (even spam).  He's finally
> relented on letting me at least TAG them as {spam}, but here's an issue I'm
> having.
>
> I made a rule file for high scoring spam actions.
>
> In the rule file, I put
>
> To: user1 at domain.com deliver
> FromOrTo: default store
>
> That works swimmingly.  Here's the problem.  Say the spam is addressed to
> user1 at domain.com, but also addressed to user2 at domain.com.  They BOTH get it
> delivered with the {spam} tag.  If just user2 at domain.com gets the email,
> then it gets stored.
>
> Any thoughts on how to deal with this?
>
> MTA: Sendmail (most up to date that yum update gives) on Centos 4.7

      This will not solve your problem, but it is something to think
about: I only tag spam as such, and only in the header. What I then do
is use dovecot's sieve to move the emails marked as spam to the spam
folder. Then users can decide if the spam-marked email is indeed spam.
If not, they can move it out of that folder. In any case, they do not
lose any email (I can always purge spam that is more than X days old
if disk space becomes an issue) but their Inbox still looks rather
clean.

Now, I can have a specific sieve scripts that only run for specific
users. So I can handle very specific cases as needed.