sophos-autoupdate script requires update

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 21 12:00:29 GMT 2010

I have added the change into the code, it should indeed work just fine.
It will be in the next release, and is in the ChangeLog that people
should read when they upgrade.

I hope you don't mind, but I have posted this reply to the MailScanner
mailing list so that other users find out about the change as well.

Jules.

On 20/01/2010 14:32, Christopher Wells wrote:
> Afternoon Julian,
>
> I trust you are well? I have a request please, I have been experiencing problems with the "sophos-wrapper" script for the month of December 2009 / January 2010. I seem to have found that the problem exists due to the "sophos-autoupdate" script. It appears for Sophos V4 users, the script requires a modification to line 127 - the default scipt reads for line 127 -
>
> foreach $vdlsus ("vdl", "sus") {
>
> This line now needs to include the new "xvdl" files thank to Sophos not informing their customers - the line appears to work if I use -
>
> foreach 4vdlsus ("vdl", "sus", "xvdl") {
>
> Even if you could please advise the other Sophos users of this change - would assist us in this regard.
>
> Thanks for a wonderful product,
> Regards
> Christopher

Jules