problem with latest beta

Thomas Lohman thomasl at mtl.mit.edu
Mon Jan 18 13:51:12 GMT 2010

Julian,

happy belated b-day.

I just downloaded the latest beta that you've posted and I'm getting the
following error when attempting to run MailScanner:

Scalar found where operator expected at
/usr/local/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/Message.pm line 3370, near "$size
= -s "$explodeinto/$inname"
   (Might be a runaway multi-line // string starting on line 3342)

Perhaps a small typo?

Here is the line of code:

# Each embedded object in an OLE tree is packages in a special format.
# This converts a list of named filenames into their original data.
sub OleUnpackPackages {
   my($this, $explodeinto, $parentname, @NativeFilenames) = @_;

   my($infh, $byte, $number, $buffer, $outname);
   my($finished, $length, $size);

   OLEFILE: foreach my $inname (@NativeFilenames) {
3370 -->   $size = -s "$explodeinto/$inname";

cheers,

--tom