adding/setting up a second mail domain - how / suggestions?

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Jan 13 10:19:29 GMT 2010

Hi,

my question is not directly mailscanner related, but I thinkt that on
this list I may get the best help.

Currently our students and employees have the same e-mail-domain
(@filmakademie.de) and everything - sending, receiving e-mails, pop/imap
- is done by the same server.

We run Red Hat EL 5.4, sendmail, mailscanner, dovecot etc. on
one single server.

Recently we where faced with the situation, that some outsider
thought e-mails from students where official e-mails from employees.

Now I'd like to set up a system, so that all employees e-mail came from
@filmakademie.de and all student e-mail came from @student.filmakademie.de

Is there some documentation on how to set this up? Is it possible to
change "only some settings"? Where to start? What do I need?

Thanks for any sugesstion or comment and best regards,

	Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420

Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
Staatsrätin für Demographischen Wandel und für Senioren im Staatsministerium

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt