More taint mode problems (please help)

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Tue Jan 12 16:06:53 GMT 2010

On Mon, January 11, 2010 11:28 am, Mikael Syska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mostly for Mike Jakubik ...
> Dont know how FreeBSD accepts package to the ports tree ... but I
> guess you know :-)
>
> Since you are in the package maintainer, maybe you coult get the old
> mailscanner-devel deleted as its very old and not used any more. Just
> so new people dont think its a never version of the port.

Yes it's quite old and i don't think i want to maintain it, i was planning
to submit a pr to remove it, just didn't get around to it.

> I will be happy to test the pakckage, when its released. I have been
> holding back from upgrading the package cause of all the taint
> problems there have been. Hopefully its soon over ...

The current port version (4.79.4_1) works fine, as I've put in a
workaround that disables taint mode. Once I'm confident that all taint
mode related problems have been addressed i will take it out.