RBL Errors

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Sat Jan 9 09:23:21 GMT 2010

Hi!

> I get a load of these errors in my system has anyone seen something like this
> before?
> 186.139.162.87.list.dsbl.org: RBL lookup error: Host or domain name not
> found. Name service error for name=186.139.162.87.list.dsbl.org type=A: Host
> not found, try again : 1 Time(s)
>
> Any help is appreciated.

>From their website:

DSBL's list nameservers gone
Mon, 03/09/2009 - 21:02 . riel
DSBL's list nameservers have continued to answer queries for 10 months
after the list went off. From now on, DSBL list queries (to
*.list.dsbl.org, *.multihop.dsbl.org and *.unconfirmed.dsbl.org) will go
to the nonexistant nameserver stop-using-dsbl.dsbl.org, which resolves to
the unroutable example IP address 192.0.2.1.

This should keep nameservers everywhere working like they should, while
slowing down spam filters that are still using DSBL. Hopefully the
annoyance of the slowdown will convince the remaining DSBL users to stop
using DSBL. DNS timeouts should not cause any email to get lost.

Please stop using DSBL. The list has been empty for almost a year.

Bye,
Raymond.