OT postfix recipient verification

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 20:24:30 GMT 2010

Verification is via the receipt verification within postfix. I've a btree database file as per the postfix docs.

> Recipient verification should only affect the invalid recipient and
> shouldn't affect the other valid recipients unless the senders server
> is
> so poorly implemented and gives up sending the entire message as soon
> as
> one of the recipients is rejected...

I've not had any of the bounces yet, but am trying to get hold of them. I've had to whitelist their server from greylisting as it doesn't seem to handle it very well. All I know of the server itself is that it uses a Microsoft SMTP service.

> Maybe you could provide an example?

When I get an actual bounce I'll know a lot more.