OT postfix recipient verification

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 18:10:20 GMT 2010

Recipient verification has been working fine for years, but we've just had a problem crop up. Someone is sending status/error emails from their webserver back to their office. Some of the emails primary 'to' address is to someone who has left, but the other recipients are still valid. Recipient verification still rejects the email. Is there a way round this without having to run another postfix instance and split the email up into emails?

My response so far has been that they need to fix their list of email recipients to all be valid addresses as basic maintenance anyway, but they're worried that if someone on the To list leaves then emails will suddenly stop coming through again. Any ways round this?

Jason