FH_DATE_PAST_20XX false positives

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at isoc.lu
Tue Jan 5 17:35:25 GMT 2010

Richard Siddall wrote, On 05/01/10 13:53:
> Patrick Vande Walle wrote:
>> Alternatively, you may want to try the method described here:
>>
>> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/foren/S-Das-Peinliche-daran-ist/forum-171865/msg-17874835/read/
>>

> It strikes me as a bad idea to use the FH_DATE_PAST_20XX rule name for
> a completely different rule.  I think it would be better to score the
> official FH_DATE_PAST_20XX to zero in your local.cf and just define a
> new rule using the better algorithm.  That should avoid problems with
> sa-update overwriting your new version too.
Richard,

You are, of course, absolutely right that one should avoid reusing one
of the default rules with another algorithm.

It is just that testing messages with dates in the future is useful for
scoring. Setting the FH_DATE_PAST_20XX rule with a score of 0 is only a
partial solution. Hence, I created a new rule based on the
above-mentioned post.

Kind regards,

Patrick Vande Walle