sendmail header removal

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Jan 5 16:01:14 GMT 2010

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Steven Andrews wrote:

> I've got a couple sendmail/mailscanner boxes that we use to front end
> our exchange boxes inbound and outbound.  We've run into a problem with
> any email going to mxlogic.net's clients as they do a deep header
> analysis and find private IPs in the headers and then the block based on
> that.
>
> This has happened multiple times and we always have to involve the
> receiving customer in the conversation with mxlogic to get it fixed on a
> per domain basis, and then months later it just comes back.  They know
> they're not supposed to block based on that, but they really don't care.

Suggest informing the clients of mxlogic's broken attitude.  What an
ironic name for a company.  Can't say I would have much faith in their
services.

You might have more luck asking your question on a sendmail list though.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK