FH_DATE_PAST_20XX false positives

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:00:45 GMT 2010

>>2010/1/4 Laskie, Norman <NWL002 at shsu.edu>:
>> Is there an easy way to tell what directory SpamAssassin / MailScanner is
using for rules?  I have two copies of that particular rule file with the
version under >>/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/updates_spamassassin_org
being updated and a version under /usr/share/spamassassin not being updated.
 MailScanner services >>have been restarted, SpamAssassin caches dumped and
multiple sa-updates have been run.

>> -Norman
>>
>As Derek notes there is a "MailScanner --debug --debug-sa" that will
>tell you *everything*;-). If it still scores the bad rule, perhaps
>you've been running sa-update by hand and either forgot to sa-compile
>after the sa-update, or perhaps forgot to do "service MailScanner
>reload" to make MS copy of SA aware of the changes ... All this is
>done by Jules update_spamassassin tool...;)
>
>Cheers
>--
>-- Glenn
>email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
>work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se

 So when you run MailScanner --debug-sa and it shows that it's loading the
72_active.cf from multiple SA versions, what do you do?  I have SA in
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002003 and 3.00.2.004 and only the newer version
got updated.  Am I supposed to remove the previous versions of rules?  I am
still getting hits on the rule so I have had to score it as 0 until I get
this fixed.

Dave