Yet another "disable outgoing scan" question

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 22 16:17:52 GMT 2010

On 16/02/2010 20:41, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>        As the subject states, I would like to disable outgoing scan.
> Now, from what I saw in mailscanner.conf and was explained in the irc
> channel, I should set Scan Messages = my ruleset file and then have
> something like
>
> From:     my.domain.com no
> FromOrTo: default           yes
>
> in the file. Question I have is would the first line cause emails
> pretending to be coming from my domain not to be scanned? If so, how
> would I make sure only the emails that truly originate from my domain
> not be scanned?

Very simple. Instead of putting "my.domain.com" in there, tell it to use
the names of the machines instead. You can do this with a rule like this
in modern versions of MailScanner:

From:  host:my.domain.com  no
FromOrTo:  default  yes

Then any mail coming from computers who have a hostname in the
"my.domain.com" domain will not be scanned, but all other mail will be
scanned.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng