Incorectly blocking files.

Lyndon Labuschagne lyndonl at mexcom.co.za
Mon Feb 22 10:22:09 GMT 2010

On 22 Feb 2010, at 12:09 PM, Erik Bloodaxe wrote:

> Mail Scanner seems to object to MatLab files.  One user got a message:
>
> At Fri Feb 19 17:19:06 2010 the virus scanner said:
>  MailScanner: Microsoft Access Shortcuts are dangerous in email (Spec_Power_New.mat)
>
> Can anyone point me to correcting this.

Hi Erik, What you need to do is check out the filename.rules file
the line you are looking for is this one,
deny    \.ma[dfgmqrstvw]$       Possible Microsoft Access Shortcut attack                               Microsoft Access Shortcuts are dangerous in email

you can change that deny to allow or take the "t" out of the \.ma[dfgmaqrstvw] string,

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by the
Mexcom MailScanner, and appears to be clean.
http://www.mexcom.co.za or mail sales at mexcom.co.za