MailScanner Dspam

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 15:30:15 GMT 2010

On 16 February 2010 23:49, JC Putter <jancarel.putter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does someone know of a way to integrate dspam with mailscanner, i configured
> dspam with postfix but postfix passes the mail to dspam only after
> mailscanner has scanned the mail, there is a plugin for spamassasin to
> analize the dspam header and sets a score.
>
> Thank you,

Well, this is a bit like when you need to split messages/recipient...
That also happens well after MailScanner. So the somewhat convoluted
solution is to configure two postfix instances, where the first one
does the DSPAM thing and then pass it on to the second one, that does
the MailScanner bit. Look at the wiki page
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:how_to:split_mails_per_recipient
for an example of what it'd entail.

Another option might be to try use the Generic Scanner thing in
MailScanner, to script DSPAM in that way... I've seen it suggested
before, but I don't think I've seen anyone actually DO it:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn