mailscanner.conf symlink

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Feb 15 14:31:27 GMT 2010

Mark Sapiro wrote on Sun, 14 Feb 2010 07:04:48 -0800:

> Are you saying the MailScanner rpm install creates a
> /etc/mail/mailscanner.conf symlink even if no /etc/mail/mailscanner.conf
> exists.

There's some confusion ;-) The rpm creates a symlink
ln -s /etc/MailScanner/spamassassin.prefs.conf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.conf

(Just see I omitted the "spamassassin" accidentally, but I guess, Jules
understood what I meant.)

This is not good if you have already a working spamassassin config in
/etc/mail/spamassassin. Thus I first removed it and then touched a file
there. Still the rpm overwrites that with a symlink. So, one has to
correct this with each installation.

Kai